Bilingual Software Support Level (QA) - Full Time (Remote) Permanent - 11919
About the Opportunity
On behalf of a market leader in server and storage monitoring, LRO Staffing is seeking a Software Support Analyst (QA) with a knack for problem solving. This position will be remote and have 1 weekly meeting on-site with the team in Ottawa. The software you will be supporting technically pertains to monitoring and automation.
Reporting to the Technical Director in Ottawa, the Software Support Analyst will run with support cases that have been escalated through the help-desk. The successful candidate will need to be solution savvy as they will be handling complex challenges and must find creative solutions. This is not a metrics-based position, as cases could take anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 weeks to resolve.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- 2nd & 3rd line support - running with cases that have been escalated
- Analyzing customer needs and identifying monitoring/automation challenges
- Formulating detailed patch requests for developers & doing quality assurance work
- An ability to read, understand, debug simple programming scripts or code is important
- As you will be supporting customers running different operating systems, it will be best to have experience or knowledge of a breadth of different OS
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Extensive diagnostic experience as it concerns tricky software challenges
- Solid understanding of IT principles and software
- Ability to understand code/scripting at a basic level (i.e Bash)
- Good ability to document findings/solutions
- Self-starter who thrives working remotely and takes initiative
- Solution savvy with a burning desire to resolve complex software issues
- Minimum of 3 years working in a level 2/3 technical support role &/or a QA role
- French speaking
About the Job
The client is located in Ottawa, Ontario. The weekly meeting will be conducted in the south-end of the city. This is a full-time permanent position providing an opportunity for tremendous growth.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to email@example.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 11919.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.