Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) - Permanent - 11631
About the Opportunity
A well-reputed software security company, HQ’d in California with a growing office in Kanata, is looking for a Sr. SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) to join their thriving Cloud Operations group. Reporting to the Director of Cloud Operations, this individual will join a small team of SRE’s that will work to automate 100% of production environments running in AWS and manage cloud infrastructure. An industry-leader in their software space, this company is known for their innovative culture, global presence, and cutting-edge tech stacks.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Architect, design and deliver highly-scalable cloud agnostic automation
- Collaborate and engage with software development team in various locations
- Serve as a SME for all things, DevOps, system engineering and operations environments
- Manage public view infrastructure from a holistic view
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in a Systems Engineering, DevOps/SysOps/SRE, or Release Engineering capacity
- Extensive experience with IaaS platforms, specifically AWS, in a Windows OS environment
- Scripting (Powershell, bash, etc.) and/or programming (Ruby, .NET, Python, Java, Ruby, etc.) experience is a firm requirement
- Experience with technologies such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible, Redis, Elasticsearch, Docker containerization, Kubernetes, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work both in a team and autonomous (remote) environments
Attitude and aptitude take precedence over a perfect technical match.
About the Job
Salary is commensurate of experience (up to $140,000) in addition to full benefits and other perks.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 11631.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.