Senior BSP Embedded SW Developer - Permanent - 11935
About the Opportunity
An excellent client of ours, an Ottawa-based growing software company in Kanata, is looking for an Sr. BSP Embedded Software Developer to join their thriving Engineering group. This individual will tweak board support packages and set up operating environments to be compatible with their product.
A leader in their domain, this company’s products enable companies to build and integrate intuitive software solutions into their own applications and hardware; they work with some of the biggest names in the automotive, medical, and consumer markets, etc. Although this company offers a competitive compensation package (see below), they are rather known for their progressive corporate culture, innovative tech stacks, and growing, well-established client base.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics or equivalent
- 5+ years of embedded software development experience using C in environments such as Linux, QNX, etc.
- Extensive BSP (Board Support Package) development process experience in embedded environments
- Bonus: experience with embeeded tools such as GCC, IAR, etc. and real-time OS’s such as FreeRTOS, MQX, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and willingness to mentor junior team members
- Passionate about technology and open to taking on new challenges in a continuous-learning environment
Attitude and aptitude take precedence over a perfect technical match.
About the Job
Salary is commensurate of experience (up to $110,000) and is in addition to a bonus package (up to 10%), full benefits, and several other perks (fitness allowance, learning allowance, etc.)
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 11935.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.