Real Estate Legal Assistant - Permanent - 12417
About the Opportunity
Our client is a law firm located in downtown Ottawa. They are looking for a legal assistant to join their team and support two lawyers in their real estate group on a full-time, permanent basis.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparation and initial drafting of correspondence including editing and quality assurance
- Prepare precedent based documents as needed
- Title sub-searching and preliminary review of title searches
- Preparation of Wills, Powers of Attorney and Estate documentation
- Coordinate workflow and assist lawyer in prioritizing and following up on outstanding items
- Coordinate external and internal communication including mail, e-mail, fax and telephone calls
- Prepare client files for closure and storage
- Daily preparation of dockets and preparation of accounts
- Coordinate and organize meetings, conference calls and maintain agenda
- Assist with other projects as required
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Office Administration – Legal or Law Clerk diploma from recognized post-secondary institute or suitable combination of education and experience
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Conveyancer and Teraview
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience preparing and editing correspondence
- Minimum two years of experience would be considered an asset
About the Job
Salary will depend on experience.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to email@example.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 12417.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.