Quantity Surveyor - 4 Month Contract - 12012
About the Opportunity
Our client, a federal government client at Place du Portage in Gatineau, requires the services of a qualified Quantity Surveyor for a 4 month contract. The successful consultant would start before the end of November, 2019, and support the management and assessment of cost and value for money in construction projects this department’s Capital Project Delivery Division.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide advice and guidance on issues such as project planning, forecasting/cash flows, cost analysis, budgeting and risk management
- Plan activities to architectural design and construction teams
- Assess the viability of project budgets, delivery and forecasting methods
- Meet with management and key stakeholders to discuss progress
- Contribute to project risk registry and risk management best practices
- Carry out estimating and measurement of construction work prior to tender
The following are mandatory requirements:
- Education: Post secondary degree
- Security: Existing Secret Level Clearance with Canadian Federal Government
- Experience: 60 months experience (demonstrated on resume) with each of the following:
- Planning activities for architectural design and construction teams in the delivery of real property capital construction for large scale organization or within Canadian Federal Government
- Conducting assessments of architectural and construction cost and value for money in real property construction projects (for example Class D, C, B & A estimates as outlined by Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors)
- Advising and providing guidance on construction project planning, forecasting/cash flows, budgeting and risk management
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to email@example.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 12012.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.