Project Manager - Permanent - 12280
About the Opportunity
LRO Staffing is working with an up and coming Ottawa based real estate development company who is looking to add an experienced construction project manager their team. The ideal candidate will have experience managing mid-rise new build apartments/condominiums from start to finish. This position requires a very good communicator who is able to manage the relationship between the developer and the construction manager.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Planning and managing project timelines
- Assisting in creation and implementation of design, specifications and regulations
- Resolving issues impacting project timelines
- Meeting with stakeholders to provide project updates and managing any changes in specifications
- Estimating (when needed)
- Overseeing safe work practices and establishing new safety standards
- Estimating project costs, budgeting and assisting with the tender process
- Collaborating with customers, engineers, architects, subcontractors, and tradespersons
- Managing and scheduling of labor and subcontractors
- Preparing, distributing and tracking on Request for Information (RIF’s), Purchase Orders, Change Orders, and Contracts
- Planning and preparing construction schedules and monitoring progress
- Preparation and distribution of drawings and plans
- Preparing progress reports and meeting minutes
- Building and maintaining client and supplier relationships
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Technical Diploma or Engineering degree, and/or equivalent knowledge & experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in multi residential, mid rise construction in a similar role
- Ability to prepare and track budgets
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Understanding of project forecasting and projections
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and to identify and manage priorities
About the Job
This role is a full-time permanent position, offering competitive salary of between $90,000 to $120,000 with bonus potential. If you are a high achiever with the requisite experience, apply now!
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 12280.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.