Programmer Analyst - Contract - 11504
About the Opportunity
Our Federal Government client is continuing to advance activities to strengthen a Business Intelligence and Data Analytics practice within the department. The CIOSB has a requirement for Application/Software Architects (Senior) and Programmers/Analysts (Senior) to assist with implementing a data analytics platform. The resources will be responsible for providing advice and developing data analytics solutions and frameworks, as well as developing proof of concepts to demonstrate solution feasibility to management. The resources will also provide ongoing advice and coordination.
The resource will work closely with staff to establish data analytics solutions related to CIOSB deliverables, as well as providing corresponding guidance, advice and coordination.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop technical architectures, frameworks and strategies, either for an organization or for a major application area, to meet the business and application requirements
- Identify the policies and requirements that drive out a particular solution
- Analyze and evaluate alternative technology solutions to meet business problems
- Ensures the integration of all aspects of technology solutions
- Monitor industry trends to ensure that solutions fit with government and industry directions for technology
- Analyze functional requirements to identify information, procedures and decision flows
- Evaluate existing procedures and methods, identify and document database content, structure, and application sub- systems, and develop data dictionary
- Define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within application sub-systems, to external systems and between new and existing systems
- Define input/output sources, including detailed plan for technical design phase, and obtain approval of the system proposal
- Identify and document system specific standards relating to programming, documentation and testing, covering program libraries, data dictionaries, naming conventions, etc.
- Partner with business programs to identify problems, and opportunities for technology innovation
- Research, recommend, design and develop Big Data Architecture
- Implement business and IT vision through creation of new architecture strategy to span all data platforms (relational, NoSQL etc.)
- Analyze large-scale and varied datasets to assess and assist in the design and development of an Enterprise Data Lake
- Coordinate with development teams and client sectors/stakeholders to determine data modeling and transformation process requirements
- Design and implement the technical solution including data integration components
- Anticipates and manages technology evolution based on alignment to business and overall technology standards
- Define and document security configuration and access control requirements
- Stay informed on initiatives across the industry and the enterprise to help product owners and IT leadership effectively prioritize
The successful candidate will have the following:
- MUST have a minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated experience as a Programmer / Analyst
- MUST have a minimum of six (6) years of experience, obtained in the last ten (10) years prior to the bid closing date as a developer in the area of business intelligence and data analytics.
- MUST have a minimum of six (6) years of experience, obtained in the last ten (10) years prior to the bid closing date analyzing business requirements to determine technical BI and data analytics specifications within the context of business intelligence and/or data analytics. (A high-level description of the Analytics solution(s) must be included in the substantiation of experience.)
- MUST have a minimum of six (6) years of experience, obtained in the last ten (10) years prior to the bid closing date developing business intelligence applications that access data from a data warehouse or data mart.
- MUST demonstrate experience as a Programmer Analyst on one (1) project in the last two (2) years prior to the bid closing date developing and delivering a dashboard for Senior Management with a data exploration tool (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
-A high-level description of the dashboard, including the type of data presented, and tool used must described in the substantiation of experience.
-The cited project must be a minimum of six (6) cumulative months in duration within the last 10 years.
About the Job
- Location: 580 Booth Street, Ottawa ON
- Contract Length : 38 weeks
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 7.5 hours per day
- Language: English
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to email@example.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 11504.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.