Organizational Design and Classification Consultant - Contract - 12457
About the Opportunity
Our Federal Government client has a requirement for one (1) Organizational Design and Classification Consultant at the senior level.
The work to be completed requires knowledge of the EX cadre structure within the Federal Government, Treasury Board policies, and the Hay Plan, in order to provide solid strategic advice to the Chairperson, Executive Director, Deputy Chairpersons, and the Director General, Integrated Resource Management Branch on organizational design options and the classification of EX positions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Participating as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to strategic brainstorming sessions regarding organizational design options at the ADM and the Directors General levels
- As the SME to provide recommendations to IRB senior management, including the Chairperson and the Head of Human Resources
- Identifying the strengths and weaknesses of the existing organizational designs, as well as opportunities for improvements
- Evaluating work descriptions
- May be asked to chair the classification committees
- Participating in executive classification committees
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Must hold a valid Enhanced Reliability clearance
- Must meet the minimum qualifications of a senior level Organizational Design and Classification Consultant as detailed under
- Experience writing and/or evaluating 30 EX Job descriptions, within 60 months from bid closing, within the Federal Government of Canada, using the applicable classification standard (i.e. Hay Plan)
- 60 months of experience, within 120 months from bid closing, providing strategic classification advice to Federal Government of Canada Senior Officials (i.e. Director General and above) related to the executive cadre, including recommending options
- Experience working on 5 projects, within 120 months from bid closing, developing and updating executive cadre work descriptions in the context of organizational transformation, including delineating responsibilities / accountabilities at the executive level
About the Job
- Duration: Contract award to January 29, 2021 inclusive.
- Language: Bilingual
- Location: Offsite (from the contractor’s own premises). However, the Consultant must be available to attend meetings in Ottawa, as required.
- Travel: There will be no travel required
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to email@example.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 12457.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.