IT Business Analyst - Permanent - 12006
About the Opportunity
LRO Staffing is seeking an IT Business Analyst for a valued client. The objective of the selected candidate will be to improve operating efficiencies through identifying continues improvement opportunities.
The position encompasses both a business analyst function & those of an IT Administrator; with a skew in favor of business analysis activities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Compilation of data analysis and presentation of subsequent findings based upon KPMs
- Interpreting data for utilization in daily reporting metrics
- Development of key performance metrics and processes to ensure IT Servers, hardware, software are in place to support these efforts and the organization as a whole
- Be the main POC for analytical needs relating to IT systems
- Delivers, enhances, integrates, maintains & supports the operation and IT infrastructure services – determines feasibility of business requirements to align with business goals
- Tasked with IT strategic planning
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 3+ years’ experience working with data analysis, analytical reporting and data sourcing/migration/quality of information with demonstrated capability in data visualization and analysis
- Previous experience with IT technical support would be best
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and 10, Office 2010/2016, Active Directory
- MySQL databases, along with VPN networks, firewalls, encryption, and other aspects of network security technologies
- Knowledge of performance improvement plans and understanding statistical methods related to quality tracking and reporting
- Previous experience in understanding and determining business KPMs and metrics
- Excellent quantitative & analytical skills as well as strategic problem-solving skills, including collecting, organizing, analyzing and disseminating significant amounts of information
- Excellent communication skills – and an ability to liaise with technical and non-technical staff
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in the fields of information technology, information management, desktop hardware, peripheral devices, desktop software, applications, networks & infrastructure
- Experience in executing medium and high complexity technical activities related to infrastructure and maintenance initiatives
About the Job
The client is located in Ottawa, Ontario. They have been awarded a 30 year contract to maintain the Ottawa Confederation Line.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 12006.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.