IP Assistant - Permanent - 12120
About the Opportunity
Our client is a law firm located in downtown Ottawa. They are looking for an experienced legal assistant to join their IP team on a full-time, permanent basis.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating payment of patent and industrial design maintenance fees to CIPO and foreign jurisdictions
- Reviewing and entering correspondence from CIPO, Foreign Patent Offices and Foreign Associates into the Intellectual Property in-house database
- Processing and entering updates into the Intellectual Property in-house database i.e. file opening forms, client contacts, removing and entering deadlines
- Opening, preparing and filing PCT applications to WIPO and Industrial Design and Canadian applications to CIPO
- Preparing and forwarding correspondence to CIPO, clients and foreign associates using the Intellectual Property in-house database templates
- Reviewing and taking action on daily diaries, including making updates, coordinating with CIPO, pulling the files and delivering them to the responsible professionals, as applicable
- Coordinating and communicating updates with the Accounting department i.e. changing clients, processing foreign associate invoices and submitting disbursements
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 3+ years’ experience working as an IP Assistant
- Patent (Canadian and Foreign) experience is preferred, but individuals with trademarks experience will be considered as well
- The ability to produce a high quality and quantity of work product, occasionally under tight timelines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with strong keyboard and dicta-typing skills
About the Job
Salary will depend on experience.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 12120.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.