Development Coordinator - Permanent - 12036
About the Opportunity
Our client, a leader in commercial, residential, and industrial development and construction is seeking a development manager to join their team in Ottawa. Reporting to the Director of Real Estate & Development, the Development Coordinator will be involved in the development process of new projects. In this role you will participate in site analysis and site assessments, coordinate a variety of support activities within the Real Estate department and act as a liaison between various departments and outside consultants & partners.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the site analysis and assessment including zoning, entitlements, density potential, market studies, financial analysis, etc.
- Assist with the management of the development process including working through zoning, SPA checklists, Tarion coordination, consultant follow-ups, permitting, reporting, liaising with construction team on warranty issues, etc.
- Assist with current land swap processes
- Oversee the planning and the zoning requirements for new lots
- Coordinate and produce requirement for town planners
- Assist with the current entitlement process
- Track entitlement schedule and budget
- Coordinate marketing requirements including collaborating with marketing department to ensure consistency and integrity of the brand
- Liaise with the city to expedite the approval process
- Participate in the development of real estate presentations, proposals and RFP responses
- Manage the Finance Log
- Gather, collect and analyze market data information related to specific projects
- Attend workshops, trade shows and seminars to keep up to date on changes in the industry
- Participate in the planning and logistics of special events for new projects
The Successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- University undergraduate degree in related field (Engineering or Architecture, an asset)
- 2-3 years of experience within a construction company in the capacity of Project Coordinator
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while being detail oriented and able to solve problems
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Bilingualism in French & English
About The Job
This role is a full time permanent position, offering competitive salary of between $60,000 to $80,000 together with a comprehensive benefits package. If you are a high achiever with the requisite experience, apply now!
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to email@example.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 12036.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.