Contract Specialist - Contract - 11496
About the Opportunity
Our client who is located in Ottawa is looking a Contract Specialist for a 6 month contract.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead all procurement related activities for large capital project(s). The scope of responsibilities will include sourcing and supplier negotiations, establishing contracts and POs, and identifying value savings opportunities
- Manage the RFP process by preparing bid packages, facilitating pre-bid meetings, facilitating bid reviews, conducting supplier pre-qualifications, and awarding contracts consistent with relevant legislative requirements
- Advises and guides Capital Planning staff and management in effective procurement processes consistent with the Broader Public Sector Procurement Directives as applicable and the Canadian Construction Documents Committee guidelines (CCDC)
- Draft competitive bid documents such as Tenders, Requests for Proposal and other contractual documents
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or equivalent academic preparation and experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in leading strategic sourcing initiatives (RFPs) end to end
- Knowledge of Broader Public Sector Procurement Directives of Ontario
- Advanced knowledge and use of Oracle, MERX, eTendering and electronic evaluation tools and other relevant procurement systems
- Excellent knowledge of Procurement and Finance Policies
- Strong skills in priority setting and ability to fulfill required tasks within tight deadlines
- Must possess strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills;
- Ability to perform within a fast paced environment
- Must possess a strong customer oriented approach with demonstrated ability to service internal, and external customers
- Proven skills in managing stakeholder and vendor relations
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to email@example.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 11496.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.