Bilingual Legal Assistant - Permanent - 11959
About the Opportunity
Our client is a law firm located in downtown Ottawa. They are looking for a fluently bilingual, experienced legal assistant to join their advocacy group on a permanent basis.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Accurately preparing legal documents and correspondence with minimal direction
- Transcribing and typing legal documents and correspondence
- Liaising between the legal professionals and various internal and external individuals and clients
- Managing the professional’s calendar, including travel arrangements
- Preparing expense reports
- Preparing and organizing meeting and briefing materials for the professional
- Preparing litigation documents, including Books of Authorities, Compendium of Argument
The successful candidate will have the following:
- The ability to fluently read, speak and write in both French and English
- Ideally 3+ years of experience working as a Legal Assistant (preferably in civil litigation)
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to communicate effectively with other firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner
- Knowledge of litigation management programs is an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
About the Job
Salary will depend on experience.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 11959.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity