Senior System/Network Admin - Permanent - 13212
About the Opportunity
Our well-established, well-reputed client in Central Ottawa is looking for a Sr. System/Network Administrator to join their team on a permanent basis. This individual will join a small team that manages the entire internal IT infrastructure – from servers to IT security. As a Windows shop, extensive knowledge and expertise with Windows environments is paramount.
This Ottawa-based organization focuses on the broad domain of financial integrity and has international partners and stakeholders across the globe; their socially-relevant nature and global reach is just one of many reasons why candidates flock to this group.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Overall infrastructure maintenance and optimization; Windows Server, Active Directory, virtual servers/environments, network security policies, firewalls, routers and switches, hardware/device support (laptops, IP phones, etc.), LAN/WAN’s, etc.
- IT backup and restoration, IT security updates, system updates/upgrades, software deployments, etc.
- General IT support for internal users
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree/Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 4+ years of industry experience in network and systems administration, level 2-3 technical support, etc. in a Windows environment (Active Directory, GPO, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, Office 365, etc.)
- Experience with LAN/WAN infrastructures, distributed computing environments, client/server applications, routing, etc.
- IT Security experience is a major asset; firewalls, PKI infrastructure, end point protection, VPN and public DNS, etc.
- A self-starter, able to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills in English and ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external users
About the Job
Salary is commensurate on experience, and is in addition to a generous perks package and vacation allotment; five weeks vacation, RRSP-contribution, full benefits, etc.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to email@example.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 13212.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.