Senior Procurement Officer - Contract - 1531
About the Opportunity
Our Public Sector client is seeking a Senior Procurement Officer to join their team during a period of increased workload.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Guide and advise clients in the preparation, evaluation of Requests for Proposals (RFP) and award of IM/IT and Non IM/IT professional services contracts
- Process various requests with efficiency while providing strong client service and maintaining vendor relations
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop procurement documents and to ensure that quality and delivery needs are met
- Create and amend professional services contracts
- Review Statements of Work (SOW) for completeness and adherence to Government regulations
- Assist clients in developing bid evaluation criteria
- Prepare complex types of bid solicitation documents for Supply Arrangements (SA), Request for Standing Offers (RFSO), and RFP’s etc.
- Process call-ups against standing offers, create contracts against supply arrangements and purchase requisitions
- Solicit RFP’s and quotations from vendors
- Negotiate pricing, delivery, terms and conditions, etc. prior to contract award
- Recommend award and issuance of contracts through standing offers or supply arrangements
- Work with departmental financial system (SAP) in procurement/material management module to create professional services contracts
- Follow departmental records management system and protocol (InfoBank)
- Work with Remedy Action Request System (IT asset management/workflow tool)
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards and best practices
- Follow direction from management in regards to practice and policy in the department
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Certificate, diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant field or an acceptable combination of education, training and relevant work experience
- Minimum of fourty-eight (48) months experience in the procurement field
- Minimum of three (3) years interpreting and applying the following PSPC Procurement Tools for Professional Services (ie: TSPS, THS, TBIPS, ProServices, Government Electronic Tendering Service (Buyandsell.gc.ca)
- Minimum of two (2) years within the last five (5) years of experience creating and managing contracts in SAP
- Valid Federal Government security clearance at a minimum level of Secret Level II
- Excellent English communication skills
About the Job
- Duration: ASAP to September 30, 2022 (with a possibility of extension)
- Location: The selected contractor will work remotely for the majority of the work. At times the resource may be required to work in offices located within the National Capital Region.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your abstract. You can also apply by submitting your abstract directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 15315.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.