About the Opportunity
The team at Parker Huggett are excited to be supporting a contractor who have a rich history of providing quality construction management services for over 30 years in the BC market and beyond.
Having focused for some time on the delivery of complex high-rise projects and other residential developments, the organization has branched out and expanded their capabilities greatly in recent years with the promising addition of industry leading talent from across the ICI space as well.
Now, this senior leadership team is well underway with their ambitious plans for growing their group. Their project pipeline is strong in both ICI and residential projects and they are intent on keeping a focus on staying right-sized to deliver effectively for their clients, with a no nonsense approach to constructability that any seasoned construction management professional would appreciate.
In their continued growth, they are now ready to seek highly motivated estimator to join their group.
This is the ideal role and a great stage for an experienced estimator with strong communication skills to join a fun team and assist with pre-construction budgeting and tendering of projects with reputable, long-term clients.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing drawings, specifications, and other documents to determine the scope of work
- Soliciting budgetary and firm quotations from subcontractors
- Communicating scope of work, schedule, and methodology with subcontractors
- Communicating with clients and consultants to clarify project scope
- Performing quantity take-offs
- Delegating take-offs and other tasks to junior estimators
- Developing complete project budgets base on QTO’s and historical data
- Evaluating subcontractor pricing
- Documenting and archiving information related to the estimate
- Compiling budgets and hard bid submissions
- Connecting with and shortlist subcontractors for opportunities in new markets
- Developing, maintaining and updating subcontractor database
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Building technology diploma (2 year minimum) or civil engineering degree
- 5-10 years of related work experience
This is a full-time, permanent position, with competitive salary and benefits on offer in a growing and exciting environment.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the "Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients.
Please be aware that all candidates must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.