Residential Site Superintendent / Senior Project Manager - Permanent - 12413
About the Opportunity
LRO Staffing is working in Ottawa with a leading low-rise residential developer who are growing and innovating constantly right now. Led by tenured industry professionals, this business has well established roots, but isn’t afraid to buck trends to introduce new technology, team structures, or whatever else will ultimately drive the business, their team and the industry forward.
We’re working currently to fulfill a requirement they have for someone to join their team as a Senior Project Manager for a development in the South of Ottawa; a role that would be comparable to a Site Superintendent within other volume housebuilding organizations.
It’s a fast-paced environment as you might expect, but the employees are listened to, supported and rewarded for their success. Quality and service is at the heart of everything they do.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Leading the delivery of a volume housebuilding development with oversight of up to 4 Project Managers tracking and managing the delivery of individual units
- Project planning- build/determine scope, oversee preparation of budgets, review schedule for construction projects and support and manage the tendering process
- Full project life cycle ownership: developing and managing a team of people and all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks, and issues
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Provide strategy and prioritize trade capacity and resources
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, risks, and issues
- Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members
- Ensure that projects are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget, and quality standards
- Project maintenance- supports schedule and financial control of projects.
- Client and sub-contractor relations – acting as the point of contact for the client and filtering information down to appropriate team members; resolving disputes
- Ensure the health and safety protocols are adhered to on site
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Post-Secondary Education; either a University Degree (Engineering, Architecture or Business-related discipline) or a College Diploma (Urban & Regional Planning Program or related discipline) is considered an asset
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience, with previous experience in low rise residential construction, project management, home building is required
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, outstanding time management, prioritization, multitasking, and organizational skills
- Aptitude for technology in relation to reporting, production scheduling, volume forecasting
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to manage a team effectively
- Strong work ethic - ability to work in a confidential, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Valid Driver’s License
About the Job
Salary on offer is flexible dependent on experience. Comprehensive benefits included. Office hours are 9-5, but flexibility would be required as there are likely to be some additional hours as required to fulfill the responsibilities of the role.
Most importantly, this is an opportunity to work in a great team environment with a culture that will support your growth. If you’re a driven and capable person, it will provide you with opportunities to learn and progress quickly in your career.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 12413.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.