About the Opportunity
Parker Huggett is once again working with our client, a successful developer/builder in Toronto High Rise, this time to recruit for a Quality Assurance Supervisor.
With over $6.3B in existing assets and a large pipeline of high-rise projects in Toronto, this self-performing developer is focused on building luxury lifestyle rental apartments - a market that continues to see significant growth despite the wider housing market uncertainty.
This is an entrepreneurial and innovative organization, which makes this role well suited for a candidate looking to roll up their sleeves, wear multiple hats and contribute to all aspects of real estate investment and development.
With a focus on people and culture, they have grown quickly and have ambitions to continue doing so, allowing their staff plenty of opportunities and progression.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor will be responsible for monitoring quality assurance objectives during project stages, including design, development, coordination, tendering, construction and turnover.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring QA objectives during project stages, including design, development, coordination, tendering, construction and turn-over
- Identifying possible issues affecting building quality and mitigating systemic failures through quality checks, consultant reviews and signoffs, and regular communication with site staff
- Inputting and tracking of deficiencies across all stages of construction through use of Procore
- Reviewing all contract drawings and specifications pertaining to finishing trades to ensure company standards have been implemented
- Executing QA program of underground, amenities, suites, common element, and back-of-house
- Liaising with on-site construction staff to ensure company finishing standards are being met or exceeded
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in the construction industry, preferably at site
- Finishing experience in high rise is considered an asset
- Working experience with Procore is an asset
- Knowledge of construction processes, including phases, pre-construction and construction is mandatory
- Ability to read and interpret design and construction related documents and drawings
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office programs
- Understanding of Ontario Building Code (OBC) is required
- Knowledge of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA) an asset
This is a full time, permanent position with industry leading compensation and benefits on offer. This organization seeks to build an excellent culture, not only through day to day appreciation and engagement of their people, but also by providing new and innovative perks like health and fitness allowances, project equity options, and a full list of comprehensive benefits.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the "Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients.
Please be aware that all candidates must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.