About the Opportunity
Parker Huggett is proud to be working with a privately-owned and family-oriented general contractor with over 35 years of reputable service across Ontario.
Their success story includes a solid track record of completed Industrial, Commercial, Institutional and Heavy Civil projects valued between $1mm and $75mm with a primary focus in healthcare, educational, recreational, and water & wastewater.
Thanks to their strong-rooted values in safety, teamwork, social responsibility, passion and excellence, they have shown clients, partners and employees alike, why they are a business and a team worth working with. Their team is respectful and accountable to each other and best of all, they have fun building things that matter and creating value for everyone involved.
Now, with exciting growth plans taking shape across the business, we are helping this team identify a Project Manager to join in on their mission and take on the many fun and challenging projects ahead.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Planning, scheduling, and controlling daily activities of a project
- Managing project budget and billings
- Administration and management of prime contracts and subcontracts
- Subcontract negotiations and awards
- Providing safety leadership to the project team and subcontractors
- Fostering and maintaining positive relations and communication with clients, consultants, architects and subcontractors
- Overseeing contract administration of RFIs, Submittals, Change Orders, etc.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- At least 5-10+ years of demonstrable experience as a construction project manager
- Experience with projects valued at circa $50m+
- Experience of Industrial Projects, including a knowledge of challenging Heavy Civil and MEP components; Water/Wastewater treatment plant experience is an asset
- Experience working with municipalities and similar clientele
This is a full-time, permanent position with competitive salary, bonus and benefits on offer. While project locations tend to vary across Eastern Ontario, this employer has various office and site locations from which to work and offer a fairly flexible and accommodating environment to allow their staff to prioritize performance and the success of their business/projects over all else, including working locations and hours.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the "Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients.
Please be aware that all candidates must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.