Project Director, ICI Edmonton, AB - Permanent - 15719
Our client, a leading Canadian, employee-owned general contractor whose primary focus is building better communities and cities, as well as providing brighter futures for their team, is looking to add a Project Director to their Team in Edmonton, AB.
Our client prides itself on being 100% employee-owned and 100% driven to build right. Building together truly makes a difference for their partners and team members!
Our client’s core values are: team inclusion, diversity, collaboration, ingenuity and innovation.
"When our work benefits others, we've succeeded" is a mantra and conversation that happens internally and at the core of the company. This has helped to make our client one of Canada's leading B-Corp Contractors.
If you're interested in learning more about our client and potentially transitioning to this excellent company, please call us to discuss.
Our Client's Ideal Candidate – Is This You?
- Construction Manager, Project Director, Project Executive, Operations Manager
- Do you live in a province outside Alberta and want to relocate to Edmonton, where the cost of living and lifestyle is more fruitful?
- A professional with a top-tier construction firm in the ICI Market with experience building and overseeing project teams on projects $50M plus
- Contract type experience within the Design-Build, IPD and Construction Management space would be an asset
Deliverables for the hired Project Director
- The Project Director, directly and through their team of project managers, is responsible for executing our client’s construction services for their assigned projects
- The Project Director builds the business through their support of Business Development. They will develop, lead, coach and mentor multiple project teams. The Project Director will be responsible for establishing and managing a tendering team, which will incorporate resources from our client’s joint-venture partners, suitable for specific projects including construction and design management professionals, commercial managers, estimators and schedulers, design firms, and other construction management support staff
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead, coach and mentor all internal and external project team members to achieve the project deliverables
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with public and private sector clients, construction joint-venture partners, financing partners, and key specialist sub-contractors
- Oversee career development of team members in line with corporate strategy
- Developing and executing tendering strategies focused on optimizing cost, schedule, Safety, Quality, and other relevant aspects of client requirements
- Assess needs in conjunction with the team, implement training, and provide coaching and mentoring
- Assist senior management to promote, align with, and add value to the corporate strategic vision
- Determine all resources required to complete assigned projects following the project commitments
- Guide the team in the structure and delivery of project bids, budgeting, and other pre construction services
- Engage in business development activities within existing and new client bases in coordination with the VP and Business Development Directors
- Support the Business Development function to pursue new work by providing specific site analysis, methodology, and/or construction strategies as required
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, Provincial and local laws, particularly applicable
- Occupational Health & Safety Acts / Construction Safety Act regulations and environmental requirements as they relate to the project scope of work
- Conduct stakeholder meetings and forums to solicit feedback, input and expectations; incorporate these into project plans
- Communicate regularly with clients to assess their needs and expectations, to ensure accurate delivery of specifications and manage any issues through to resolution
- Align Project Execution Plan with Firm's core ideology by providing oversight on the project goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, budgets, staffing requirements, responsibility matrix, work breakdown structure, milestones and deliverables
- Support Project End Book and advise on areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings
- Ensure project commercial and risk management systems, including health and safety, quality, accounting, finance, insurance, legal, and communication functions are implemented effectively and are compliant with corporate procedures
- Establish and deliver mechanisms for tracking project progress and reporting to stakeholders via a formal project execution plan
- Review all project forecasts to ensure the project net target margin is achieved or exceeded
- Closely monitor third-party workers' activities and billing, such as consultants, contractors, and other specialists
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the "Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients.
Please be aware that all candidates must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.