Litigation Legal Assistant - Permanent - 13259
About the Opportunity
Our client is a law firm located in downtown Ottawa. They are looking for an experienced legal assistant to join their team and support two busy lawyers in their litigation group on a full-time, permanent basis.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of correspondence and legal documentation including extensive formatting, editing and quality assurance
- Preparation of pleadings to be filed with various courts
- Coordinate external and internal communication including mail, e-mail, fax and telephone calls
- Maintain client files
- Daily preparation of dockets
- Preparation of accounts
- Preparation of mail and courier packages
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, conference calls and maintain agenda
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Legal Assistant or Law Clerk diploma
- 5+ years of law office experience in litigation
- Good knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure
- Strong working knowledge of PC desktop tools such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, e-mail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
About the Job
Salary will depend on experience.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 13259.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.