Litigation Legal Assistant/Law Clerk - Permanent - 15788
About the Opportunity
Our client is a small Ottawa law firm located west of the downtown core. They are looking for an experienced legal assistant/law clerk to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis and support a senior law in his litigation practice.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of correspondence and legal documentation including extensive formatting, editing and quality assurance
- Preparation of pleadings to be filed with various courts
- Coordinate external and internal communication including mail, e-mail, fax and telephone calls
- Address client inquiries as required
- Maintain client files
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, conference calls and maintain agenda
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 2+ years of experience working as a legal assistant and/or law clerk in civil litigation (family and/or criminal litigation experience is an asset)
- Thorough knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure, and the Rules of the Small Claims Court
- Excellent writing and drafting skills in English
- Knowledge of French and/or other language(s) is an asset
- Strong organizational skills, maturity, sound judgment
- Highly organized self-starter who can manage files and clients on their own
- Commitment to excellence in supporting our clients and in their own work product
- Experience working with clients and files involving mental health, addiction issues, domestic violence, and/or sexual violence is an asset
About the Job
Competitive salary and free onsite parking will be offered.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to email@example.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 15788.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.