Litigation Assistant - Permanent - 12078
About the Opportunity
Our client is a mid-sized law firm in downtown Ottawa. There is an immediate need for an experienced legal assistant in the area of litigation. Experience in any of insurance defence litigation, employment, labour or commercial litigation would be an asset.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing litigation-related documents
- Preparing invoices and requisitioning cheques
- Drafting correspondence
- Preparing paperwork to open and close client files
- Reconciling accounting information for billing
- Preparing monthly work-in-progress reports
- Suggesting process improvements for matters
- Scheduling appointments and communicating with clients
- Calenderizing deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in the area of litigation
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently as required
- Excellent computer skills
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to email@example.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 12078.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.