Licensed Paralegal - Permanent - 13180
About the Opportunity
Our client is a law firm located south of Ottawa's downtown core. They are looking for an experienced Licensed Paralegal to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide exceptional customer service to prospective and active clients
- Provide consultations for prospective clients
- Ensure confidentiality of all corporate and client information
- Provide professional correspondence with the courts, agents, clients and co-workers
- Review and draft legal documents
- Maintain general correspondence via telephone, email, and fax inquiries
- Request required documentation from the courts
- Request, receive, and review disclosures
- Conduct legal research
- Conduct reconciliation and bank deposits of daily sales
- Verify invoices
- Assist with other clerical duties such as data entry, archiving, and maintaining company records
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Must possess a P1 Paralegal License
- Must be in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- Minimum 2 years of previous Paralegal experience
- Must have comprehensive understanding of POA and HTA
- Court experience is an asset but not a requirement
- Must have the ability to multitask & prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have good time management skills and pay close attention to detail
About the Job
Salary will depend on experience.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to email@example.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job JOB NUMBER.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.