About the Opportunity
Parker Huggett has a longstanding partnership with an established general contractor that specializes in a variety of work ranging from new build high rise, to ICI new builds, renovations, and fit ups. With Offices in Mississauga, Ottawa, and Calgary, they are a mid-sized, but growing contractor that is seeking an experienced HSE coordinator to manage a project in Whitby with a view of eventually overseeing all projects in the GTA from an HSE perspective.
They are committed to contributing to a quality of life and providing unparalleled job security in a positive, professional work environment. They aim to provide the best overall career experience to those who choose to work in respect of their core philosophies. The goal is for each team member to thrive in their career which is why they continually invest in their team’s growth, year after year.
As a Safety Coordinator, you will be responsible for facilitating compliance with occupational health and safety (OSH) guidelines.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all workers and visitors have site safety orientation. This includes documenting reviewing the site-specific safety plan, hazard identification and emergency response plan
- Ensuring all workers have required training to perform their tasks
- Escorting visitors who are missing relevant training certificates on site
- Regularly monitoring safety compliance of workers and subcontractors by conducting formal and informal site inspections and instituting corrective actions if required
- Ensuring completion of regular site inspection reports from the Site Supervisor are completed on a weekly basis and resolution to any deficiencies or action taken on the report
- Updating the safety data sheet binder as required
- Assisting with incident/injury/near-miss reporting and completing the investigation and corrective action report
- Reporting all incidents/injuries to the Safety Manager
- Assisting in rescue and/or administering first-aid
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration and management of the site Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
- Conducting field safety meetings, toolbox talks, and health and safety informational awareness
- Assisting in the administration, documentation, and management of the Company’s COR program
- Keeping site management, and safety manager current on the status of any issue(s) that may impact the work being performed
- Co-chairing the Joint Health and Safety Committee, complete and distributing meeting minutes, and post on-site monthly
- Chairing the Worker’s Trades Committee, completing and distributing meeting minutes, and post on-site monthly
- Taking the role and duties of the Safety Representative on site
The successful candidate will have the following:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Health and Safety within the construction industry. Experience within High Rise Construction is a pre-requisite
- Relevant post-secondary education or equivalent experience in the Health and Safety Field
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Health and Safety Acts and Regulations
- Incident investigation training/experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
This role is a full-time permanent position based in the GTA with a project focus initially in Whitby. Your time would be spent between office and project sites. The company is able to offer a competitive salary and benefits, but even more room for professional growth and development. If you are a high achiever with the requisite experience, apply now!
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Discretionary Bonus and profit sharing
- Vision care
- RRSP Matching
Please apply by clicking the "Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients.
Please be aware that all candidates must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. "