Estimating Manager - Permanent - 16847
About the Opportunity
Parker Huggett has teamed up with a general contractor with an exciting pipeline of restaurant, retail, and commercial projects in the GTA. This firm has an excellent, collaborative work culture that prioritizes company values, professional development, and encourages fostering great relationships with colleagues and the executives. Because of this focus on people, our client has a strong retention rate and many long-term employees.
Our client requires an Estimating Manager to support a team of 4 estimators and administrators. This role requires client interface, including creating and delivering impactful presentations, leading project meetings, and site visits. This firm excels in unique complex projects and works with top retail and restaurant brands across the country.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Contribute towards the achievement of the Company’s strategic and operational objectives by promoting existing change and growth within the company and ensuring department goals are being met
- Develop Estimating department (technology and operational efficiencies) to keep up with industry trends, as well as develop new strategies to create a competitive edge
- Train and mentor new estimators
- Lead in client sales presentations
- Ensure all bids presented are accurate and compliant with specifications, contract statements of work, and bid invitations
- Provide leadership and support to the estimating department and motivate staff to achieve goals
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Strong communicator with great relationships with clients, consultants and trades
- Experience in construction management and lump-sum contracts
- Strong working knowledge of Procore
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of estimators
- Interiors and ground-up project experience preferred in a GC setting
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the "Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients.
Please be aware that all candidates must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.