Corporate Law Clerk or Paralegal - Permanent - 14543
About the Opportunity
Our client is an exciting boutique business law firm located in the downtown core of Ottawa. There is an immediate need for an experienced Law Clerk or Paralegal to join their corporate/commercial team on a full-time, permanent basis.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Acting as the lead Paralegal or Law Clerk on complex M&A and financing transactions by assisting legal counsel with due diligence including gathering, reviewing and summarizing information and agreements, preparing schedules to agreements and responding to counterparty questions
- Drafting and working with counsel to review resolutions and other corporate closing documents such as officer’s certificates for financing and M&A transactions
- Managing legal entities and records in good standing, including upkeep of corporate databases and organizational charts
- Acting as the lead law clerk on corporate reorganizations and special projects by liaising with others, preparing closing agendas, drafting documents and coordinating deliverables for closings
- Researching and analyzing corporate law matters
- Assisting with contract review & drafting
- Developing and maintaining precedents for standard corporate commercial documentation
- Providing recommendations and solutions following review and analysis of legal documents
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Law clerk or Paralegal diploma or equivalent education/experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a law clerk supporting lawyers on complex corporate/commercial transactions such as financing and M&A transactions and handling corporate matters in a fast-paced and dynamic law firm or in-house environment
- Excellent knowledge of corporate and commercial law
- Strong drafting skills with legal drafting expertise
- Strong English communication skills, oral and written
- The ability to communicate in French, verbally (French language written skills would be an asset
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and to work under tight deadlines
- A strong collaborator and team-player with demonstrated success in building relationships across an organization
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent planning, time management, and organizational skills
- Resourceful, confident and independent self-starter
About the Job
Salary will depend on experience. Benefits will be offered.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 14543.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.